Instructions for use of the Roche Rapid Lateral Flow test for Coronavirus.
– Insert the swab into the nostril of the patient. Swab tib should be inserted up to 2.5 cm (1inch) from the edge of the nostril. Roll the Swab (5) times along the mucosa inside the nostril to ensure both mucus and cells are collected. Repeat for the other nostril.
– Twist off the top of the buffer bottle and slowly dispense all of the buffer liquid into the extraction tube.
– Insert collected nasal swab specimen into the tube and plunge the swab up and down in the fluid for a minimum of 20 seconds, then hold the swab against the bottom of the tube and roll 5 times, taking care not to splash the contents out of the tube.
– Remove the swab while squeezing the sides of the tube to extract the liquid from the swab. Press the nozzle cap provided firmly onto the extraction tube containing the processed sample. Mix thoroughly by swirling or flicking the bottom of the tube. Place the extraction tube in a rack.
– Tear off the foil pouch and take out the test strip/cassette and place the test kit on a clean and level surface. Label the test device and one extraction tube for each specimen to be tested. Gently squeeze the tube to dispense 3 drops of the processed specimen into the sample well on the test strip/cassette.
– Let the test process for 15-20 minutes to see results. (do not read after 20 minutes)